Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Customer Testimonial

To: Customer Service Manager

 

I don’t normally take time out to commend someone for their service, but in this case it is most appropriate. I have been in the service industries for 28+ years, managing small-to-medium sized call centers here in the US and India. I consider myself an expert at identifying excellent customer service reps. Today, I was shopping at your site, looking to buy a special birthday present for a friend. I had several questions, so I decided to call your toll-free number for the answers. I had the great fortune of speaking with Ms. Jessie, who was not only professional and very polite, but she also went the extra-mile by calling the manufacturer to confirm the size of the pendant light. She spent additional time making sure she had accurately collected all of the billing information I had given her. Jesse used my name throughout the conversation, which to me is personal touch. At the end of the call, I expressed my appreciation to Jessie for a job well executed. In closing, I want you to know that I purchased only one light for $125, but I will assure you that I will do business with you again, as well as refer my friends and family. KUDOS to Ms. Jessie! Thanks for your time, and have a wonderful day!

 

Marilyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interior designers are unanimous on one thing: gone are the days when lights were meant only for illumination. These days, mood lighting is much more in vogue, and chandeliers, as well as light fixtures are well suited for this purpose. Mood lighting is a relatively new concept in interior decoration, and it means creating a particular ambience with light. This can be achieved by varying the color of the light, its intensity or the look of the lamp.These days, more often than not, creating a mood, rather than illumination has become the primary purpose of chandelier lighting. The type of the chandelier and the nature of lighting used in it, play a deciding role in how the mood is created.