Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Customer Comment

Rosemary,

    I wanted to make special mention of Jessie in regards to a recent order I placed with your company. I had a challenge of trying to find a narrow 1-light wall sconce and in trying to find a complete line that would include a chandelier, an island light, and a 2-light wall sconce.

    I originally found the LaScalla line from Maxim at Lamps Plus but they didn't carry much of the line. I stumbled across your company on Bizrate and found the whole line of lights.The next concern was making sure that the base of the 1-light wall sconce was actually small enough to fit the narrow space. I had a experience in trying a wall sconce and found the dimension they gave for width was actually the width of the glass, not the base. I called and spoke to Jessie who volunteered to call Maxim and ask them to get the actual measurements. They didn't get back with her initially so she called them back and again requested the measurement. It took a third call from Jessie and this time she waited on the line while they got the measurements.

    This type of effort is a great example of someone taking the time to perform the art of customer service and getting the information needed. If the sconce had been too big, the  sale would not have occurred naturally. If Jessie had not taken the time to help me, it would have ended the same way. Because she put forth that effort and we found that the size worked, it was a win for me and hopefully a win for you. I was able to match everything and finish this project.

    Again, please thank her again for me. She did a great job and I just wanted to let you know.

 

Sincerely,

No comments: